Level 3 Children's Social Worker, Manchester
Longsight, Manchester M12 4LL, UK
Experienced social worker being able to undertake statutory duties, child in need planning, child protection planning and child looked after/adoption planning.
Be able to provide comprehensive evidence based assessments within timescale for all areas including the public and private law arena.
Must be hardworking, committed and prepared for the challenges of inner city social work practice and complexity.
Manchester is a vibrant and ever developing city. The Longsight area where the post is advertised is in the central region of the city; it is an area of great multi-cultural diversity and the range of work that social workers encounter with our children and families is both interesting and challenging - no two days are ever the same.
It is a busy service with a welcoming and friendly team. There are opportunities to hone and develop new skills whilst working in the area, training in new skills is available and is offered in line with the offer to permanent staff - which will add further value to any applicants portfolio and wealth of experience.
Candidates will be required to have a full drivers licence and vehicle to undertake this role.
The Longsight District Office has free parking space available to candidates and there is ample parking on the nearby ASDA car park that is not currently subject to any restrictions.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.