Supervising Children's Social Worker - Trafford - 0003B6BA1
Stretford, Manchester M32 0TH, UK
My Trafford based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their 'Family Placement' team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
You will be responsible for supervising foster carers to enable them to develop skills and build resilience. You will also be involved in preparing annual reviews, assessing new applicants and be involved in the matching of children to new placements. You will have proven assessment and organisational skills as well as the ability to communicate well and to work in a team to innovate and develop creative solutions for children and families.
You will require:
· A CQSW, CSS, DipSW, degree in Social Work or equivalent and experience in working with children and families. You must be registered with the HCPC.
· A sound working knowledge of relevant legislation and an insight into the issues faced by looked after children.
· Strong communication and assessment skills.
· An ability to forge effective working relationships across agencies
You will be welcomed into a friendly environment where your personal and professional development will be encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work and grow in a people-centred and values based organisation that promotes a positive permission culture. Your opinions matter so you will have the opportunity to shape how we do things here at Trafford.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.