Childrens Social Care - Social Worker (Qualified) - Billingham -#5144511865730
W Precinct, Stockton-on-Tees, Billingham TS23 2NL, UK
My Children's based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Children's team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
As a high performing Local Authority we are looking to recruit a highly motivated, qualified Agency Social Worker for the Permanence Team who will be committed to providing good outcomes for children and young people, for a period of 6 months initially.
The Permanence Team works with children, their primary carers and families to support already agreed long term permanent plans where they are assessed as needing to be cared for outside of their birth parent’s care. This primarily includes Looked After Children, and children subject to Special Guardianship or Child Arrangement Orders.
Achieving permanence is multifaceted. It requires children to experience not only physical permanence in the form of a family they are a part of and a home they live in, but also a sense of emotional permanence, of belonging and the opportunity to successfully build a strong identity. In many circumstances children will need support to make sense of being part of two families or to manage complex and sometimes difficult relationships and loyalties. This role is varied and will include work with birth families and reunification plans.
Applicants will need to evidence experience of assessment, care planning, conflict resolution and direct work to ensure that children’s and young person’s voices are heard. This will include skills and ability to confidently assess and manage situations where there may be child protection issues and complex areas of vulnerability.
In return we offer a supportive team environment, flexible working, opportunities for training and development and offer regular supervision. All staff have access to their own IT equipment which can be used both in the office and remotely.
The team currently consists of 7 social workers and one Family Support Worker. This agency post is over and above the current team structure. Caseloads are on average around 22 cases. The team is usually based at Queensway House in Billingham which is easily accessed from the A19. There is ample free parking available for all staff at this office.
The building is currently open on a booking in basis due to Covid-19 restrictions; the team continues to mainly work from home and are undertaking home visits whilst adhering to the required health and safety and social distancing rules. Meetings a currently mostly undertaken virtually on Microsoft Teams.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.