Children's Social Worker - DARLINGTON - #1003741111880172
Darlington DL3 6JX, UK
My DARLINGTON based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Children's team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Keeping Families Together is a team that supports families with children who are on the edge of care. We use relation practice principles to provide intensive support to families, including direct work with children and parents, promoting engagement with other services (e.g. mental health, substance misuse, education, housing etc) to improve the outcomes for the family and reduce risks.
The team work with families for up to 12 weeks and case loads are small – a full time social worker will support 4 families at any one time, with a KFT worker working alongside them to provide that support. All families open to KFT continue to work with their Assessment & Safeguarding Social worker; who is responsible for any statutory visits, assessments, court work etc.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.