Children's Referral & Assessment Social Worker - Blackburn & Derwin - #0003AE491
Duke St, Blackburn BB2 1DH, UK
Blackburn with Darwen Children's Services require an experienced and Qualified Children's Social Worker to work in the Referral & Assessment team on a full time basis - Monday to Friday 37 hours per week.
You must have a Social Work England registration and looking to renew this by 30/11/2020 as per national requirements.
Experience with the use of Protocol Liquid Logic and good IT skills are desirable.
Managers are easily available to access and the building is Covid Secure and open plan with meeting rooms on every floor.
During the current pandemic, there is a 'bubble' arrangement for staff in the department as per a rota with a mixture of working from home and in the office as required.
This arrangement may have some flexibility if needed but otherwise you will be required to follow the requirements to meet the service needs at this time.
There is car parking directly behind the building and modern technology for social workers with provision of tablets, and the use of SKYPE and Microsoft Teams.
We are also a few minutes walk to the town centre shops and eateries.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.