Senior Practitioner - Stockport - #0003AC4F1
Stockport SK1 3XE, UK
A Senior Practitioner is required for a locality social work team in Stockport Family.
We are rated Ofsted Good (2017). We have a range of learning and development opportunities for Social Workers, including access to regular virtual learning circles.
We offer 4 weekly supervision, group supervision and regular support from team leaders and service leaders, including team meetings, check-ins and buddy systems.
In Stockport Family we embrace the Restorative Practice model, where relationship-based practice is key and there is high challenge, alongside high support to create the right environment for positive change.
The role is diverse, holding cases from the point of assessment to closure or permanence, allowing you to build positive relationships with children and their families that is sustained throughout their journey.
We require an experienced social worker, who is ready to take the next step in their career and would like an opportunity to be a Senior Practitioner. This role will enable you to support the Team Leader and team, including support to newly qualified Social Workers through the provision of reflective support sessions.
This is an exciting time to join Stockport Family as we embark on a transformation of our services over the next 12 months to align Children's Social Workers more closely with schools and communities, to provide support to children and families where they live and learn. This follows on from Social Workers in Schools pilot, which has been successful, with the model now starting to be rolled out.
Social workers continue to work from home in the main currently due to Covid19, with mobile working kit. There is an expectation however, that face to face visits to children and families continue to take place unless there is a specific risk identified in discussion with your manager.
You will have at least 3 years post-qualifying experience. A car is required for this role.
Social Worker – Level 3
This is an experienced practitioner role. With specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks and providing casework supervisions to other team members. Work with service users and other stakeholders to assist service planning.
· Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
· Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
· Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
· Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
· Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
· Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
· Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
· Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
· Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
· Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advise others.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Professional qualification in Social Work plus considerable experience in a relevant field.
· Knowledge of theory and practice of care assessment, planning and detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and its application.
· Supervisory skills, as may supervise students, trainees, support staff and volunteers.
· Analytical, planning and communication skills.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.