EDS Social Worker (Emergency Duty) - Manchester- #0003A72C1
Manchester M40 9LY, UK
- You need to have experience in working under pressure in an out of hours environment, able to prioritise competing demands and manage risk confidently.
- There is a significant degree of lone working and whilst there is overlap with colleagues, you will need to apply a level of professional judgement and autonomy on complex scenario's.
- We require confirmation as to which Local Authority you are registered under; they will need to comment on your competency as an AMHP, and that you are compliant with the 18 hours training requirements.
- There may be the need to discuss whether your registration is transferred to GMMH, this requires a process incorporating a short notice Panel interview.
- Please refer to the Job Description (below) for additional information.
Role portfolio :
The role holder will provide the City Council’s statutory emergency duty response outside of office hours, weekends and bank holidays in difficult and complex situations.
The role holder will respond to adults in need of mental health assessment, safeguarding and social care emergency intervention. The role holder will be responsible for the safe delivery of social care, ensuring the effective discharge of statutory responsibilities and the provision of a high quality standard of service.
The role holder will manage safeguarding risk effectively, working within a multiagency environment to provide a professional social work service. Role holder will work in a holistic and person centred way, ensuring customers and families remain central to the processes they are part of.
The AMHP has the authority to apply for detention under the Mental Health Act and to agree to requests for Community Treatment Orders and Guardianship requests.
For those trained as a Best Interest Assessor (BIAs), they can recommend a “deprivation of liberty” under the Mental Capacity Act. Key Role Accountabilities: Effectively respond and manage to out of hours referrals.
The role holder will be accountable for highly complex decision making across a range of social work duties and responsibilities. To carry out assessments and share outcomes with other contributors as appropriate in an out of hours emergency duty setting.
To assess and where appropriate arrange admission to hospital either formally or informally, or to refer / signpost to alternative least restrictive alternatives to admission.
To support the Trust in ensuring effective gate keeping of all admissions liaising with crisis and Home Treatment teams and medical colleagues as appropriate.
Ensure an effective safeguarding intervention within the locality or hospital setting, managing the process of investigations, protection planning and consistent recording to a required standard.
Manage the proper application of the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act, ensuring People. Pride. Place. effective support to the most vulnerable people is sustained.
Within AMHP role statutory duty to actively and creatively seek ‘least restrictive’ alternatives to compulsory admission using local resources and applying advanced professional reasoning and flexibility, as prescribed in current mental health legislation and associated Codes of Practice.
The role holder will have the ability to make immediate decisions in high risk situations balancing the needs of the patient and others through positive risk taking and the management of negative risk.
The role holder will engage informal supports, seek resolutions in conflicts and mobilise various parts of statutory, voluntary and independent services as and when appropriate.
Prepare and produce a variety of high quality and professional written documentation on behalf of the City Council in accordance with national and local policies and procedures and within agreed timescales.
Work in conjunction with and providing consultation to partner agencies to deliver effective planning for adults and their families to ensure positive outcomes for adults in Manchester.
Ensure that the practice of ethical record keeping is observed and recording is evidence based, accurate and up to date. Take an active role in team and service development.
This will include supervising new staff and students and leading in the development of policies, procedures and training activities, supporting the Team Manager in achieving and sustaining a high performance culture within the team.
Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement.
Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications.
Where the role-holder is disabled every effort will be made to supply all necessary aids, adaptations or equipment to allow them to carry out all the duties of the role.
If, however, a certain task proves to be unachievable, job redesign will be given full consideration.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285** **