Older People Social Worker - Mold #RQ404686
Buckley, CH7, United Kingdom
My Mold (Flintshire Council) based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Older people/hospital discharge team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
We are looking for two experienced social workers to cover our winter pressures over the next 4 months, we need someone with experience of working in a hospital settings dealing with older people who are either ready for discharge or are a delayed discharge. In Flintshire we have 3 acute hospitals (The Countess of Chester Hospital, The Wrexham Maelor Hospital & Ysbyty Glan Clwyd in Boldelwyddan. Candidates will be expected to provide Social Work cover across all three settings. They must have experience of dealing with Continuing Health Care and DST’s (Decision Support Tool’s) and must be registered with the Care Council for Wales. The candidates will work within a multi-disciplinary team of Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and Disability Officers working across all three Locality Teams. The candidate will perform a key role taking a complex caseload ensuring the full involvement of service users and carers in the assessment and care planning process. Candidates will need to demonstrate experience in the following areas:- • A degree or equivalent in social work is essential • Evidence of continuing professional development and proven experience of managing complex cases. • A positive approach to working together as a team through continuous change • A positive approach to flexible and agile working • A positive approach to joint working with colleagues from a range of agencies. • A positive approach to performance management and quality standards
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.