Permanence, Assessment and Intervention Social Worker - Wirral #RQ404232
Birkenhead, CH41 0, United Kingdom
My Wirral based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Permanence, Assessment and intervention team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
Wirral is a great place to work. We are a supportive and nurturing Council, committed to developing and progressing our social care workforce so that they can achieve their ambition and thrive. We want our social workers to have the support, freedom, equipment and resources to do their best possible work. We give you the tools you need to succeed and trust you to use them as you see fit. You’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded, enthusiastic professionals, striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for our children. Within both Assessment and Intervention and our Permanence, we offer a fair and manageable case load across all teams, an agile working kit, allowing you to work flexibly and remotely and we also offer agency staff the opportunity to access training just like permanent staff. At Wirral we support you in honing and developing your skills, including working in partnership with other professionals, court work and completing direct work using our supporting families, enhancing futures model. Wirral Council and its partners have pledged to #bethedifference for children young people and families of Wirral. To do this, Wirral is embarking on a significant programme of regeneration and urban development which will bring new infrastructure and opportunity across the Borough.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.