Social Worker Team Manager- Bolton - #0003A8B51
Bolton BL2 2JW, UK
Social Work Team Manager Posts based within Integrated Neighbourhood Teams
If you want to work at the heart of a transformed Assessment and Care Management service in Bury and are a motivated and conscientious Social Work professional who takes pride in their work, then we want to hear from you.
The service has moved into an Integrated Neighbourhood Model and is committed to multi-disciplinary partnership working to improve customer outcomes.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive authority committed to the professional development of its workforce.
You will be joining a service that has proactive leadership, excellent joint working relationships and a whole service approach that is focused on personalisation care and support planning and improving outcomes for our customers and carers through integrated pathways and self-directed support.
Due to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic our SW Teams are currently mostly working from home. We will provide IT equipment and the necessary training to enable you to work remotely with confidence.
We hold regular coffee and catch up meetings on using Microsoft Teams to ensure you remain connected with manager and other members of your team.
You will be expected to work autonomously and with the support of the other SW Managers and Integrated Neighbourhood Leads. You will need to have demonstrable experience of managing Social Workers and Social Care Officers preferably within a multidisciplinary or integrated setting.
You will have experience of a range of HR situations, be skilled in effective performance management and Supervision.
You will be competent on IT systems, (we use Liquid Logic electronic records), have excellent organisation and communication skills and enjoy working in a busy and well led integrated Social Work service.
The service is committed to supporting your Continuing Professional Development. We take pride in being a learning and development Organisation who value our social workers as registered professionals.
CPD opportunities are made available on a regular basis which will enable you to meet your SWE registration requirements. the Department have an excellent track record of investing in relevant training and support for its staff.
Bury have a comprehensive staff incentive offer including work life balance and wellbeing support services.
For the posts you must possess a Social Work Degree or equivalent, be registered with Social Work England and have a minimum of 4 years post qualifying experience. Satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level under the Disclosure and Barring service is required prior to appointment for all posts.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.