Adults Care Coordinator - Wakefield, upto £20ph
7 Wakefield Road, Pontefract, United Kingdom
Do you have experience working as an Adults Care Coordinator or Adult Social Care Experience? Are you passionate and looking to play an important role in supporting vulnerable adults?
- Undertake strength based assessments and care and support planning identifying and manage adults who may be at risk
- Have extensive knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Support safe and timely Hospital discharges
- Be willing to support across a 7 day working week 8am – 8pm
(This position is temporary and short-term until 31 March 2021)
- To undertake and co-ordinate needs led assessment and provide effective care management
- for adult service users and their carers based on service criteria drawing on relevant information
- from different sources.
- To carry out assessment and review, of user and carer needs in accordance with departmental
- policies and procedures.
- To carry through the assessment process and to formulate outcome plans from which Individual
- care packages can be identified and implemented to meet assessed needs for users and
- To commission services identified as necessary by the outcomes plan and to co-ordinate and
- monitor the care plan under agreed timescales.
- To liaise with other agencies and gather information so that community care needs can be
- identified and acted upon.
- Complete checklists and Decision Support Tools alongside our colleagues in health as part of
- the continuing health care requirements. This also includes offering support to services users
- close to end of life.
- To negotiate the appropriate care package with relevant providers and where necessary
- represent the service user.
- To give advice and assistance to users and their carers in accordance with policy and
- procedure with regard to the financial aspects of the service provided.
- To provide advice to service users and carers on how to obtain welfare benefits advice.
- To go out at short notice alongside the social workers to deal with safeguarding cases, this
- includes monitor previous safeguarding referrals as part of care management process; it can
- also involve acting as Appropriate Adults when requested by the Police.
- To convene and co-ordinate appropriate community care planning meetings and to chair
- community care reviews as determined by the responsible Team Manager.
- To prepare written comprehensive outcomes plans for relevant panels and reports.
- To maintain appropriate records in accordance with the policies and procedures of the
- To undertake training as necessary to ensure up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the
- tasks outlined in the job specification.
- To comply with responsibilities under Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- To comply with and implement all Council policies and procedures.
- To perform other duties as reasonably fall within the scope and responsibilities of this post.
- To comply with an expectation that the postholder will participate fully in supervision/appraisal
- and programmes of staff development.
What's on offer for?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Please click APPLY ASAP