Care & Support Workers - Wakefield - #228107
8 Waterton Road, Wakefield, United Kingdom
We are recruiting self-motivated and enthusiastic Care workers who are car drivers, to work 26.25 hours per week in 2 hubs across the Wakefield District and in conjunction with the hospital social work team.
The Service is an essential service which works 7 days per week 52 weeks of the year on a two week rota which includes early shifts from 7:00 to 15:00 and late shifts from 14:30 to 22:30 on an established alternating rota which includes weekends and bank holidays, where additional enhancements are paid on top of the basic salary.
Our service offers a number of supportive routes which are all underpinned by a Reablement model and includes:
Reablement: which is a short and intensive Reablement service, usually delivered in the person’s own home and is offered to people with disabilities and those who are recovering from an illness or injury and have the potential for significant improvement.
The purpose of Reablement is to help people who have experienced deterioration in their health or have increased support needs, to relearn skills required to keep them safe and independent at home.
Bridging service: which provides care and support to people who are waiting for a long term package of care to be agreed or to bridge a period of time before a package of care can restart.
A resettlement service: which provides care and support for a short period of time to settle people back into their previous daily routine and gives extra support with confidence building and time to readjust after a period of time away from home.
Emergency care and support response: to people who need extra support whilst further assessments can be completed.
As a social care provider you will work in the heart of your local community, providing care and support to vulnerable people within their own homes. You will make a difference to the quality of a person’s life by supporting them with their daily living activities.
Which can include intimate personal care: showering/bathing, dressing or undressing, assisting with toileting, along with administering medication and support with meal preparation to enable individuals to get the most from their daily life.
What's on offer for?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.