Senior Support Worker - Sunderland/Newcastle - #Grace House
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8QH, UK
Senior Support Worker Grade 3
37 Hours Per Week - placement up till April 2021
Senior Support Workers are expected to contribute to care plans and ensure all records are completed.
The service operates 24/7 and the post will involve providing a range of care and support to vulnerable children and young people who require high levels of support to meet a range of complex needs.
All posts will involve working shifts- including bank holidays, early morning, evenings, weekends and waking nights.
We are looking for suitably qualified/ experienced staff to work when required.
For all of the roles it is essential that you have the following skills and attributes:
· Hold Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People or equivalent
· Experience of working in a registered children’s home
· Experience of working with children and young people
· A positive caring outlook and enabling attitude
· Experience of or ability to deliver complex support and health needs including, PEG Feeding, hoisting, postural care
· A willingness to go the extra mile
· Have excellent written and communication skills
· Enjoy a challenge and be flexible in your approach to work
· The ability to work evenings, night shifts, weekends and bank holidays
What we can offer you
The job is extremely rewarding and in return we offer:
- £10.41 per hour
- Designated rota pattern
- Excellent training opportunities
- Career development opportunities
- A positive and rewarding job role and culture
- Work shifts on a rota including daytime, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
All CV’s should be supported by two satisfactory references and a current DBS disclosure including clearance for children.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate per hour
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.