Community Covid Ambassadors - Redcar - 1003741911853943
Redcar TS10 1RT, UK
We are looking for community-minded individuals who are keen to do their bit to help our communities within Redcar & Cleveland through the pandemic.
This four-month post will put you at the centre of our communities engaging with them, advising and supporting them through this challenging time as we endeavour to control the spread of Covid.
We need experienced individuals who are excellent communicators and would enjoy an outdoor role.
Working across the entire borough, within rural and town settings with local businesses and residents.
The skillset we are looking for includes: • confidence and resilience, • listening skills, • negotiating skills, • a common-sense approach, and, • flexible to work in multiple locations.
Recruit 6 people split into teams of 2 one in each area.
1. To positively promote safety measures, share local messages and reinforce government guidelines to keep people safe and reduce the spread of the virus.
2. To direct public safely through new one-way systems for shopping areas and car parks.
3. To provide a physical presence and communicate with the public and businesses to increase community confidence and provide reassurance.
4. To monitor activity/issues and report into council departments and partner agencies.
5. To assist in the development of interventions to address issues within the Neighbourhoods and help to develop stronger communities.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. To support communities in Redcar & Cleveland as directed by the service
2. To provide a reassuring presence for residents (particularly those older, vulnerable or from minority groups) and businesses,
3. To educate, advise and guide the public having a proactive approach to incidents or public unrest occurring,
4. To answer questions from the public and businesses and seek the information should it not be known,
5. To act as an ambassador for Redcar & Cleveland, supporting people to have confidence to engage and use public spaces safely,
6. To monitor the night-time economy and promote compliance with requirement of social distancing,
7. To update residents and visitors in relation to local and national changes in Covid- 19 controls and restrictions,
8. To distribute leaflets, letters and notices as required,
9. To signpost residents and visitors to relevant council and partner agency services,
10. To report incidents of non-compliance to relevant departments and partner agency’s including Police, Environmental Protection and Licencing,
11. To positively influence those engaged in anti-social behaviour and provide appropriate advice,
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.