Level 3 Children's Social Worker (Fostering Team - 6 Month Cover) - Warrington - #0003963B1
Academy Way, Warrington, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Social worker to join Warrington’s Fostering Team as a Supervising Social Worker.
The post is full time for a 6 month period to cover maternity leave - with options to work from home.
Brief over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to a number of mainstream and family and friends foster carers to assist them in providing excellent care to children
- To work closely with staff within the service and social work teams to effectively match children to families
- To assess and provide training/ development opportunities to foster carers
- To prepare high quality, accurate and thorough reports for a variety of purposes e.g. presentation in legal proceedings, LADO consultations, planning meetings, children’s reviews, fostering and adoption panels
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening work, when required
- Be involved in the recruitment and assessment of foster carers and undertake Regulation 24 and viability assessments
- Be placed on the duty rota to find internal placements for children in care and respond to any emergencies
- Ensure children in care are safeguarded and relevant procedures are followed if an allegation/ concern is raised against a foster carer
- Manage and appropriately prioritise tasks within an allocated workload
- To assess the need for resources to support a foster care in meeting the needs of any children placed including the identification of risk to children and young people, assess their need for protection, and determine the best method of intervention, ensuring that the Team Manager is consulted/advised throughout the case progression
You will be/have:
- A qualified social worker
- Registered with SWE
- Enhanced DBS check
- A proven social work background across children and families social work
- Knowledge of relevant Fostering Services legislation, standards and regulations
- Experience of working in a fostering team is ideal, but not essential
- A car owner / driver
- Good organisational and analytical skills
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.