Level 3 Children's Social Worker (Locality Teams) - Stockport - #00039E521
Stockport SK1 3XE, UK
Stockport Children's Services are looking for 3 experienced agency social workers for positions within a locality social work team.
Stockport is Ofsted rated Good (2017) and provides excellent support to social workers, including mobile working equipment, regular supervision and training opportunities such as learning circles.
Social workers work within a framework of Restorative Practice and our model seeks to minimise transitions for families, instead focussing on building relationships.
This means the work is varied and you have the opportunity to work towards creating real change with our children and families.
Over the next 12 months the service will undertake an exciting transformation to new ways of working more closely with schools and communities across Stockport.
Use of a car will be essential.
Social workers are currently able to work from home to minimise risks of Covid19, but there will be a need to undertake home visits, where PPE will be provided as necessary.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.