Personal Advisor - (Children's Safeguarding) - Oldham - #000399711
1. NVQ III in a related subject such as Child Care or Health & Social Care, or equivalent
2. Recent experience of working with young people preferably within a Post 16/leaving Care setting.Working as part of a team undertaking direct work with children and families, to promote and safeguard their welfare, in accordance with their appropriate plans and strategies.
To work with young people aged 16 yrs - 25 yrs who are or have been looked after or accommodated by a Local Authority in order to assist them to live an independent life in their community.
Working in an anti-oppressive way and ensuring equality of opportunity to ensure that young people receive appropriate levels of support.
1. To carry out the responsibilities and duties for looked after children in line with the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 and 1989 Children Act whilst also act as an advocate for young people.
2. To work with young people to ensure that their views and wishes are taken into account when developing Pathway Plans whilst maintaining regular contact with young people as required under the Children (Leaving Care) Act, 2000.
3. To contribute and participate in the delivery of a duty system within the service Monday to Friday.
4. To promote the involvement of young people in all aspects of service delivery and pathway planning and also develop and maintain relationships with young people who are or have been looked after.
Able to travel to different sites across the Borough.
Able to work outside of normal office hours on occasions, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as necessary, according to the needs of the service.
Must be able to drive, have access to a vehicle for work, and have business insurance to be able to support young people and carry out the duties of the post.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.