Support Worker - Sunderland/Newcastle - #SupportedLivingDays)
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8QH, UK
We are looking for experienced Support Workers in the Sunderland/Newcastle area, for immediate work within a dedicated and hardworking team until end date: 28th August 2021
Sunderland Care and Support is a Local Authority owned trading company supporting a wide range of vulnerable people across the City of Sunderland.
At Sunderland Care and Support we aim to be a trusted provider in the delivery of high-quality customer focused social and health care services.
Our Supported Living Services
Sunderland Care and Support work alongside customers who possess a diverse range of complex needs and characteristics to enable them to engage within the community, develop skills and enhance their quality of life.
Our supported living services require dynamic motivated Support Workers with the ability to work in challenging environments. Support Workers will be motivated to engage customers in line with positive behavioural support to enable a positive outcome for people we support.
Within our supported living services, we provide care and support in a range of services for customers with a Learning Disability, Autism, Behaviour that Challenges or Mental Health needs.
What you can offer
As a Support Worker you will be working as part of a team, providing and promoting person-centred care and support, enabling individuals to make choices and have control over their daily lives.
Suitable applicants must demonstrate the core values of the company, treating customers; families and their colleagues with dignity and respect. Have compassion by delivering the best possible care by treating customers with sensitivity and empathy. All colleagues must adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility worthy of the trust our customers place in us and fostering a safe and supportive environment whereby the highest quality service is delivered by every member of the team .
Experience is not always necessary; your attitude and values are more important.
What we can offer you
The job is extremely rewarding and in return we offer:
· Designated rota pattern
· Excellent training opportunities
· Career development opportunities
· A positive and rewarding job role and culture
· Work shifts on a rota including daytime, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate per hour
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.