youth Outreach Worker
Manchester, M1, United Kingdom
Our client is a leading Provider of care to children and young people in the Manchester area and they are currently recruiting for Support Worker's on a long term temp basis.
This is supporting Care Leavers aged between 15-18, you will be helping to increase their independence skills.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a similar setting and preferably have completed NVQ3 Children & Young People Workforce or a similar qualification within this sector.
As an outreach worker you will need to drive.
- To work in partnership with the multi-disciplinary professionals all working for the benefit of our Young People
- Ensure that daily support is safe, consistent, planned, reliable and on-time.
- Always uphold high quality standards of person centered care and support.
What We Want From You
- To uphold our ethics and values
- Promote equal opportunities and the well-being of our Young People
- Establish good relationships with our Young People and team members
- Manage conflict with positive outcomes
- Motivate and empower independence
- Manage time and schedules effectively
- Follow company policies and procedures
- It is essential that you have experience working with or can relate to vulnerable client groups of which includes learning disability. It is also essential that you have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
- We adopt a strong safeguarding culture of openness and honesty to best protect our Service Users and Employees.
- Must hold a valid driving license along with business insurance.
- Can comply with our Safer Recruitment Policy to ensure the highest level of Safeguarding for our Service Users.
- Sleepover shifts maybe be required but not usually
Full time, day shifts between 8 and 6 available!
Salary: £11.00-£12.00 per hour