Children's Social Worke - Rochdale #00037CC81
Rochdale OL16 1XU, UK
My Rochdale based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their First Response team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
We are looking to recruit 2 x social workers to the First Response Team.
This is a strength based intervention team which is responsible for providing the assessment of need/risk and ensuring there is a timely and effective plan in place for children and families.
This team has case holding responsibility for children in need, there is also responsibility for initiating child protection procedures and initial care proceedings when needed as well as managing private law. There is a need for strong multi agency working to ensure clear and robust step down to Early Help when a case no longer meets CSC threshold.
As a busy locality team each social worker is expected to respond to duty matters on a rota and to undertake multi agency section 47 enquiries / risk assessments.
Job description and spec attached.
pay rate is agreed at £27.53 per hour dependent on experience which will be determined at interview
The post will require Barring checks
HCPC registration required for all posts
At least 2 years references required
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285.