Housing Pathway Advisor - [Oldham] #000382FE1
Oldham OL1 1NL, UK
Working within the Council’s busy Housing Options service, you will deliver high quality, customer focused advice and support to people in Oldham who find themselves homeless or at risk of homelessness. You will assist the Council in delivering its statutory homelessness duties by taking homeless applications in an effective manner and ensuring the council is legally compliant, providing an out of hours service and meeting performance targets and standards.
• To undertake detailed casework with customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
• To organise specialist help and make referrals on behalf of customers to support them with specific problems e.g. substance misuse, mental health, debt management.
• To work with colleagues who provide Temporary Accommodation Services in placing housing in line with policy and existing processes
• To provide the Council’s Out of Hours Emergency Housing Service and Cold Weather Provision on a rota basis with other colleagues
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
• Experience of working with homeless people including those with varying support needs providing advice, assistance and support.
• Ability to negotiate and communicate persuasively in order to achieve outcomes for customers
• Knowledge & experience of the law governing homelessness and an understanding of current issues in housing