Children's Social Worker (Court & Locality)- Manchester - #000379AE1
Rowlandsway, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 5RG, UK
We require 3 social workers who have experience of working in Court and locality. Their primary focus will be to work with those children subject to Child in need, subject to child protection planning, those in the court arena and those who are in the pre proceedings process.
Social workers will have excellent communication skills, have an ability to communicate with children of all ages, have an ability to work with and alongside parents, family members and carers.
They will be adept at communicating with professionals. They will be able to challenge effectively and manage conflict with the ability to communicate difficult issues and retain channels of communication with difficult to reach families.
They will be able to chair an effective meeting such as child in needs meetings and core groups, they will be able to have an analytical overview of children's needs and the risks and be able to formulate and review children's plans. They will be able to organise their calendar and time in order to balance a complex caseload.
They will be required to prioritise work, understand and implement a performance and quality framework and work well within their team in terms of operating a court and locality duty rota and participate in reflective and group supervision.
Manchester is a large Local Authority and with that comes great opportunities to diversify. We have a new structure in place whereby there is greater manager oversight and smaller teams. They incorporate a team manager, 2 advanced practitioners, two grade 7 social workers and 2 AYSE.s. This ensures that staff are better supported with time for reflective and group supervision.
There are virtual sessions with all social workers each wednesday in south and this is linked to practice. There are weekly briefing sessions a with your team and weekly catch up meetings in terms of support. There is a comprehensive support package from our consultant social workers and through the frontline service which allows social work students to move into permanent roles within court and locality.
There are 6 team managers within Court and locality and we are committed to monthly supervision and support both formally and informally in order that there is good and effective management oversight so that we are making the best plans for children.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.