Childrens Social Care - Senior Practitioner (Qualified) - Seaham - #7791711734348
7 Shelley Street, Seaham, United Kingdom
We are looking for a motivated and committed Senior Social Worker to join our Families First Service where you will work with our most vulnerable children, young people and families. Your expertise will support families, help keep children safe and enable them both to thrive.
Please note you must have completed your AYSE year and have 1 years post qualifying experience in Social Work.
You will be joining us as we embed Signs of Safety as our model of practice.
Our Families First teams are statutory teams responsible for children and young people from the point of referral to the point of permanence. In these teams you will complete single assessments, work with children on a Child in Need basis, undertake Child Protection Work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law.
The following principles will guide your work:
• Ensuring the child is central to your work.
• Providing help at the earliest opportunity.
• Supporting and promoting community resilience through the provision of locally delivered services in local communities which make sense to families.
• Delivering evidence-based interventions with a focus on safe escalation and de-escalation of cases.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which takes pride in, and actively celebrates social work.
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current Social Work England Registration.
The successful applicants for these posts will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
We are wanting someone who can 'hit the ground running' so candidates must have CP and Care Proceedings experience. The candidate will carry a mixture of CIN, CP and court work and will be required to be part of the team's duty rota, taking referrals which come through the front door into the team. Due to COVID there is a combination of both home working and office working; we are currently yin the process of reopening our buildings and looking at creating small 'bubbles' for our staff so they can work safely in offices on a rota system. We are committed to staff safety and staff are completing a mixture of virtual, doorstep and home visits, based on risk and using the correct PPE when needed.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.