Childrens Social Worker - Blackpool #0003664D1
Blackpool (South Shore), FY1, United Kingdom
My Blackpool based client is currently looking for an experienced and qualified Childrens Social worker to work in their Special Needs Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
We work with children and young people from the age of 0 – 18 that have the following identified needs. At present there are 194 children open to the team:
• A severe or profound learning disability
• A severe physical disability
• A substantial degree of visual impairment/moderate and severe hearing loss.
• A complex Autistic Spectrum Condition with a learning difficulty.
• A complex medical health condition, including:- Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, HIV/AIDS or severe disfigurement.
We work with all children, families and young people identified across level three and four on the Pan Lancashire Continuum of Need. Social Workers complete Child and Family Assessments on the children with additional needs and their siblings to identify any needs and strengths of the family, including services that are available to meet these and what level these should be provided under.
The team provides support for children:
• Children under Section 17, Child in Need. This also includes short break care package of support, for example commissioned services and overnight respite.
• Children subject to Child Protection Plans, pre proceedings and care proceedings.
• Looked after children with a care plan of permanence.
When young people reach the age of transition they are supported by the team and a transition worker to ensure that appropriate services are identified and in place before the coming of their 18th Birthday.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.