Head of Waste Management - Bolton #000363C41
Bolton (Bradley Fold), BL3, United Kingdom
Head of Waste and Fleet required urgently - please note that core experience needs to be in Waste Management
• To be responsible for the delivery of a safe, effective and efficient in-house waste collection and fleet maintenance/management service.
• To be responsible for health and safety, quality of service and other legislative/statutory requirements, including compliance with ‘operator licence’ regulations.
• To oversee the procurement of new Council fleet vehicles, plant and equipment ensuring effective consultation with Service users/customers at each stage of the process.
• To work with all sectors of the community and wider Council departments to deliver positive behaviour change in support of sustainable waste management practices and successful implementation of the Greater Manchester Municipal Waste Management Strategy.
• To be responsible for monitoring, reporting and responding to financial and service performance.
• To identify new and innovative service delivery options and to support the Assistant Director, as required, in the development and delivery of a range of savings and efficiencies options.
• To understand, anticipate and influence local, regional and national policy and strategy and to represent the Council, as required, at Greater Manchester Combined Authority (Waste Disposal) meetings/forums.
• To develop positive working relationships with customers, members of staff and other key stakeholders including Elected Members, Trades Unions and partner agencies/providers.
The role will initially be for 6 – 8 months (likely until 31 March 2021)