Childrens Social Worker - St Helens #RQ398486
Prescot (Bold), WA9, United Kingdom
My Warrington / St Helens based client is currently looking for an experienced and qualified Childrens Social Worker to work in their Duty and Assessment team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
St Helens duty team for children is currently expanding to assist in stabilising caseloads. We are currently looking for 2 social workers with experience of managing duty work. They will need skills in undertaking assessment and planning for children with a view to establishing the nature of risk to be able transfer cases appropriately either to early help or child protection. The work is fast paced, the social workers will need excellent communication skills, with experience of managing section 47 enquires and partnership working. This will be a new team and the social workers will be supported by a team manager and advanced practitioner. The duty social workers will be expected to undertake duty work within a 4 week cycle. They will require excellent organisational skills to ensure their caseloads do not stagnate in order to ensure an effective cycle of duty. The social workers will need experience of working directly with children and families and chairing meetings. They will need excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to present written information and present verbal information across several domains in meetings, courts and service meetings.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.