Development Officer - Bolton #0003619A1
Bolton BL1 1RU, UK
Semester Recruitment are urgently seeking a Level5/level 6 qualified building control officer for an initial period of 3 months who need to be able to hit the ground running and focus mainly on site inspections across the Borough.
The ideal candidate will;
1. Carry out effective and efficient investigation of complaints, non-compliance and other alleged contraventions of planning legislation, and to gather information relating to possible infringements of any statutory planning controls operated by the Council or of any possible breaches of any relevant legislation
2. Provide advice as necessary regarding planning enforcement and related matters, such as compliance with conditions, and negotiating with customers as required.
3. Monitor development, land and property for compliance with all relevant legislation and initiating action as appropriate, including the investigation of alleged breaches of planning legislation on site.
4. Prepare statements and present evidence concerning enforcement cases at legal proceedings and appeals.
5. Prepare and review supplementary planning documents, policy notes, development briefs or other appropriate planning documents, including those in support of development plan preparation and the Local Development Framework as requested by the Development Manager (Enforcement and Technical).
6. Deal with all forms of correspondence and enquiries from the public, other Council Services, business groups, Councillors, Members of Parliament and other organisations relating to the enforcement of planning controls
7. Enter into negotiations, dialogue, correspondence with transgressors, complainants and other interested parties, in an effort to resolve breaches of planning control in line with the Council’s enforcement policy and good practice.
8. Play a key role in delivering the regeneration of the Borough and contribute to strategic initiatives including the £1bn Town Centres Masterplan, local area studies, area-wide development frameworks, and other planning projects (formulation and implementation).
9. Deputise for the Development Manager (Enforcement and Technical) at relevant meetings.
10. Undertake formal interviews in accordance with the rules of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE).
11. Undertake surveillance of premises/sites to gather evidence, outside normal office hours (i.e. evenings/weekends) if necessary, and where appropriate in accordance with RIPA (Regulatory Investigative Powers Act 2000).
The perfect candidate will be able to demonstrable experience of successfully enforcing rules or legislation and have at least 2 years’ on the job experience.