Children's Social Worker - Trafford - First Response Team
Stretford, Manchester M32 0TH, UK
My Trafford based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Child Protection Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
First Response Team
Experienced social worker required – 3 month assignment
The First Response Team are looking for a social worker to screen contacts and to be able to apply the threshold of need and make decisions as to the best response for the families
You will be able to undertake detailed holistic assessment of children, young people and their families. The ability to write clear and concise reports, to maintain case records and to fulfil administrative requirements is essential. You will need to be able to work in an unpredictable environment and confidently assess risk and children’s needs as well as be able to prioritise, meet deadlines and problem solve on a daily basis.
We are looking for an experienced social worker who can manage a complex case load on an area team including case proceedings, court work, child in need and child protection experience of 3 years or more.
We are looking for someone who can adopt an innovative approach to supporting children's social care and ensure continuity of care to our vulnerable service users.
You will need to be experienced in undertaking child and family assessments and have significant experience of working with children and young people in care as a practitioner. You will have a thorough understanding of key legislation, regulations, guidance and frameworks as well as experience of multi-agency working in relation to meeting children, young people and family needs paying full regard to information sharing protocols and best practice. You will have knowledge and experience of preventing escalation of need and the application of early help offer/services to children and families. You should also have experience of working with complex situations with a focus on problem solving.
It is essential that you have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skill in social work assessments. You will be able to undertake detailed holistic assessment of children, young people and their families. The ability to write clear and concise reports, to maintain case records and to fulfil administrative requirements is essential. You will need to be able to work in an unpredictable environment and confidently assess risk and children’s needs as well as be able to prioritise, meet deadlines and problem solve on a daily basis.
You will have a recognised Social Work qualification (e.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, Degree in Social Work) and be registered with Social Work England. You should also have an enhanced DBS check. You should also be able to drive and have access to a car.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.