Childrens Social Worker - Stockport #000356761
Stockport SK1 3XE, UK
My Stockport based client is currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to work in their Children's Locality eam . The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Stockport Children's Services are looking for 3 experienced agency social workers for positions within a locality social work team and the school-based pilot scheme, which has recently received national backing by the DfE. Stockport is Ofsted rated Good (2017) and provides excellent support to social workers, including mobile working equipment, regular supervision and training opportunities such as learning circles. Social workers work within a framework of Restorative Practice and our model seeks to minimise transitions for families, instead focussing on building relationships. This means the work is varied, with social workers holding cases from the point of assessment to closure or permanence. Use of a car will be essential. Social workers are currently able to work from home to minimise risks of Covid19, but there will be a need to undertake home visits, where PPE will be provided as necessary.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate - can be discussed at interview stage.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.