Children's Social Worker - Lancs
Preston PR1 8XJ, UK
My Lancashire based client is currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join their Fostering Team. Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
Supervising social worker based in various locations across Lancashire. The Role will involve supervising and supporting registered foster carers to meet fostering national minimum standards and regulations. This will include supporting children place with foster carers as per fostering regulations and care planning legislation. Duties will include: To manage an allocated workload of approved carers and carer assessments according to Directorate priorities. Re- assessing foster carers, including compiling complex assessment reports to present to the fostering panel. Preparing rep[orts for foster carer reviews • Supervising and supporting foster carers and their families. • Ensuring high quality foster care is available that meets the specific needs of children looked after and that all the standards and regulations are met. • Being involved in running support local groups. Workers may be required to engage in joint training initiatives and undertake work originating outside the area if this is necessary to ensure equitable distribution of work, and in the interests of efficient and effective service delivery. This is not to be regarded as exclusive of exhaustive – there may be other duties and requirements at the same responsibility level associated with the post. You are required to have the ability to drive a car and have a car at your disposal.
We currently have the following 4 social worker agency posts available in fostering support teams various locations across Lancashire 2 vacancies 5 days per week 1 vacancy 3 days per week 1 vacancy 2.5 days per week
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate - can be discussed at interview stage.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.