Advanced Childrens Social Worker - Wigan
Wigan WN1 1NJ, UK
My Wigan based client is currently looking for an experienced Advanced Social Worker to work in their Duty and Assessment team . The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
A qualified and experienced social worker with two years' statutory experience within either a Duty and Assessment or Locality Team, you will have a proven track record of success, you’ll be ready to take on the crucial task of inspiring and influencing your teams to achieve positive change and safety for children.
You will be a committed, innovative, confident and energetic leader committed to achieving positive change for children and families. You will support the delivery and development of high quality within your team for children and families
You will be key in developing the whole work force, fostering a culture of continued learning, adoption of best practice and modelling this within the organisation.
You will support the operational delivery of the team, including the development of excellent practice of the social workers.
You will have excellent knowledge on local government frameworks and processes as well as relevant legislation and be used to working within high performing services that are well rated by Ofsted. You'll have enhanced your skills, through formal training and qualifications, so will be adept at supporting staff, the team manager and wider services. You will also be equipped to lead change, maintain partnerships, influence and inspire teams, you’ll make sure service users and staff are involved when it comes to solving issues.
As an Advanced Practitioner, you will help to deliver and lead good quality, child centred practice across the service. You will ensure that practice is underpinned by the Deal principals and that the Signs of Safety model is embedded in all our work with children and families. You will demonstrate effective leadership and management to support staff. You will work alongside Practice Managers to ensure that the service meets all statutory requirement and practice standards. You will encourage reflection and learning in staff through leading by example, enabling learning circles, group discussions and reflective supervision.
You’ll make sure teams comply with legislation and government guidance, so they stand up to scrutiny, you will have access to all relevant data to support you in developing a culture of high support and high challenge, ensuring compliance and high-quality practice.
We are ambitious and you will have a key role in our transformation programme working together with managers, service manager and leads to deliver our strength based approach through multi-agency and collaborative working, with a relentless focus on ensuring children get the right help and the right time from CIN through to achieving permanence. You will also support our services to maximise and improve use of technology to facilitate improved practice.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate - can be discussed at interview stage.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.