Children's Social Worker - Blackpool
Blackpool FY1 3AH, UK
My Blackpool based client is currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to work in their Child Protection team . The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
An experienced social worker is needed to support the less experienced and take more complex cases.
As a social worker in Supporting and Strengthening Families teams you will have a keen interest in those children in need of help and protection. You will have the opportunity to work with those children subject to child protection procedures, complex child in need, PLO/Pre Proceedings and on the Edge of Care.
You will have the opportunity to work intensively with families utilising a strength based approach to practice that is creative and innovative and enables families to develop resilience and sustainability.
You will strive to improve outcomes and the lived experience of our children. The quality of practice will be supported by regular supervision, excellent training opportunities and tools and resources readily available to assist in your day to day work. Blackpool wants social workers who are passionate, committed and who want to do the best they can. In return there will be an investment in you to develop and there are a number of opportunities for progression when the time is right.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
· At least 2 years’ experience in statutory children’s social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children’s services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate - can be discussed at interview stage.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.