Children's Social Worker - Preston
Preston PR1 8XJ, UK
My Preston based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Adoption Recruitment & Assessment team within the RAA Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
ORE VALUES AND JOB PURPOSE: • To support the recruitment of adopters • To provide advice, training and support to adults inquiring about becoming adopters • To undertake assessments of prospective adopters • To support adopters and their family to an appropriate match and to gaining an adoption order. Duties and responsibilities (in order of importance) This post is based within Adoption Lancashire and Blackpool with a need to work within the legislation, Adoption Agencies’ Regulations and National Minimum Adoption Standards at all times. It is located in the Recruitment & Assessment Team • To undertake thorough and complex assessments of adoptive applicants, to analyse the information provided, and to present well written Prospective Adopter’s Reports to the Adoption Panel. • To plan and participate in the preparation and training of Adoptive applicants. • To support adoptive applicants through the process of matching and into placement • Being involved in planning, facilitating and running training events. • To work as an enthusiastic and committed team member, contributing to the development of the Service. • To participate in team meetings, service meetings and any working groups deemed to be appropriate. • To participate in and deliver training for staff and adoptive applicants. • To participate in regional and national events as appropriate. • To contribute to administrative, monitoring and evaluation systems for the adoption service
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.