Children's Social Worker - Wigan
Wigan WN3 4HH, UK
My Wigan based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Childrens Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
You will be a passionate and motivated Social Worker who appreciates the value of children remaining in the family where possible in order to support some of our most vulnerable children. You will be able to work using initiative and have strong interpersonal skills to not only engage carers and family, but to build robust relationships with colleagues. You will be a team player and be able to see the strengths in all you encounter with a keen commitment to problem solve innovatively. You will have experience of working in a Duty or Locality Team and have experience of undertaking Form C and Form F assessments.
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to join the team . You will be assessing Connected carers and Special Guardian’s suitability to care for a child/ren they have a pre-existing relationship with; in addition to providing regular support. As part of your role you will work closely with the children’s social work teams and family members, provide comprehensive viability and full assessments for court and providing insight to the care planning process.
Wigan Council has been voted ‘Council of the Year’ at the 2019 LGC Awards and has recently published The Deal 2030, our ambitious plan for our borough.
You will be joining a busy and proactive team of Social Workers, support workers and other colleagues who strive to support Wigan’s children to live in family settings where they cannot live with parents.
Wigan is a great place to work, and as a local authority, we truly value and recognise our staff as its greatest asset. We are ambitious about our offer to Wigan’s children and young people and our shared goal is to ensure that young people have accommodation options that prepare them for adulthood. Through our “BeWigan” behaviours, Be Courageous, Be Accountable and Be Positive, we actively encourage innovation, strive to deliver outstanding services and celebrate our successes.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.