CIN Children's Social Worker - Chester
1 Black Friars, Chester, United Kingdom
My Chester based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Children In Need Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker:
We require the following person specification for a position of advanced/ experienced social worker for the Children in Need Team in Chester:
The Candidate must be able to complete Single Assessments in a timely and concise manner to inform decision making
must be able to gain children’s wishes and feelings, make observations of non-verbal children and their parents
must be able to complete sec 47 enquiries, assessing risks to children with sound knowledge of risk assessment tools
must be able to progress Child Protection Plans and Children in Need Plans in a timely and solution focused manner
must be able to produce Initial Court Statements and progress initial Looked After Children Plans
Working knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and all subsequent amendments and related child care legislation is essential
Working knowledge of secondary practice guidance and assessment tools is essential
to work in a child focused manner
must be able to meet deadlines without compromising the quality of assessments
full time working hours, 5 days a week
car used essential
Social Care England registered
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate up to £26.82 per hour
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.