Senior Social Worker - Children's - Worcester
Worcester WR5 2NP, UK
My Worcester based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Children's Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
Senior Social Worker Worcestershire Children First: Safeguarding & Services to Children and Young People We want to make sure that every child in our area is safe from harm and neglect and, wherever possible, brought up by their own family. We know that while systems and processes are important, the real key to helping children and their families is empathy. It’s knowing when to challenge, and when to support. It’s about helping children to live independent lives using judgement rather than paperwork. Which is why we’re looking for more Social Workers with the skills to get to the bottom of things and make a lasting difference. As a Social Worker with us, you’ll look at each case and assess, plan, implement and evaluate action or treatment. Your main focus will be on helping children and their families to cope with social, emotional and environmental problems so they can live their lives as fully as possible in the community. You’ll need relevant qualifications and a good understanding of the systems and processes that enable organisations like ours to protect children and look after the best interests of their families. But what will set you apart is your commitment to doing all you can to build relationships and quickly get to grips with any issues. We’re looking for people with an innate confidence but also the ability to listen, weigh up the facts and come up with the best possible solution. Ultimately, you’ll do all you can to help children lead happy lives with their own families.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with children and young people, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.