Children's Social Worker - Wrexham #RQ393710
Lord St, Wrexham LL11 1LG, UK
My Wrexham based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Children's Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
The Assessment and Intervention Team (AIT) carry out social work assessments of children in need and children who may be in need of protection. All referrals made to children’s social care are received by the Single Point of Access Team (SPOA). This team will gather additional information to decide if a social work assessment is required. When it has been identified that a social work assessment is required to assess the needs of a family the case will be transferred from SPOA and allocated to a social worker within AIT who will complete comprehensive assessments with families and work to support families who may be experiencing difficulties. Once an assessment has been completed it may be appropriate for services to be provided by the AIT team in order to support any changes made by a family. The AIT team members work proactively to help families remain together. However on occasion it is necessary to take legal action to secure both the immediate and longer term safety of children. Throughout their work AIT are committed to promoting positive outcomes for the children, young people and families with whom they work.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with children and young people, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.