Adoption Social Worker - Preston
My Preston based client is currently looking for an experienced, Social Worker to work in their Adoption Team. The ideal Social Work candidate will possess specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services. This social work role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work with an excellent, supportive Children's Social Work Team.
We have a temporary vacancy for an agency social worker to work in the Adoption support team of the Regional Adoption Agency. The contract will be initially for 12 weeks, or 30/09/20 dependant on which comes first, when it will be reviewed. Brief job spec social worker based in the adoption support team providing services across Lancashire and outside Lancashire's boundaries where needed. The Role will involve providing support to adopters, adoptees and their families working within adoption legislation, policy and guidance. Duties will include: To manage an allocated workload, Ensuring high quality adoption support is available that meets the specific needs of adopters and adoptees according to Directorate priorities, and that all the legislation, standards and regulations are met. • Being involved in running local support groups. Workers may be required to engage in joint training initiatives and undertake work originating outside the area if this is necessary to ensure equitable distribution of work, and in the interests of efficient and effective service delivery. This is not to be regarded as exclusive of exhaustive – there may be other duties and requirements at the same responsibility level associated with the post. You are required to have the ability to drive a car and have a car at your disposal. Rate of pay to be clarified at or after interview, starting at £24 per hour, based on individuals experience. *Start date is as soon as possible * Please include candidates email address where possible as all interviews are currently being undertaken using Skype, due to Covid-19.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with children and young people, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01977 624 376.