Child Protection Social Worker [Dolcoath] #5135347
To provide Social Work Services to vulnerable children and families, and resource providers as directed by the line manager, or Senior Manager. To be the Primary Worker with case responsibility for allocated work, and assist the department in achieving permanence in the best interests of children.
· contribute to the adequate protection of children from harm by assisting in the assessment of risk, and the delivery of support services
· To be Primary Worker with case responsibility for Children in Need, Children
· Looked After by the Local authority, and when appropriate, Children in need of Protection
· For those working in Foster Care and Adoption Services to undertake comprehensive assessments of potential carers to ensure looked after children receive safe and enhancing family experiences
· To produce Assessments of Children in Need and their Families according to DoH
· Guidelines and timescales
· To provide reports for departmental meetings, LAC Reviews, CP Case Conferences, Legal Meetings, Permanence Planning Meetings and Court Hearings and attend these as required
· To work directly with children and their families, foster carers and permanent alternative carers to ensure the best interests of children are met.
· To manage any financial arrangements associated with allocated work
To ensure that Statutory and Professional requirements are met in line with Legislation and DoH Guidance, this including adherence to National Standards in Adoption, Foster Care, and Residential Care