Adults Assistance Care Practitioner [Barnsley]
Barnsley S75 2EP, UK
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Care Managers in undertaking assessments and reassessments of user and carer need.
1. Carry a caseload including cases requiring review, monitoring and practical support.
2. Provide advice and information as requested.
3. Promote a positive image of the service in all contacts with clients, carers, other services, individuals and organisations.
4. Arrange with service providers a package of services which match an agreed care plan.
5. Undertake regular reviews of existing care packages, under the guidance of Care Managers where re-assessment is required.
6. Assess and take account of the needs of carers in line with the Carers (Recognition and Services) Act and national best practice.
7. Ensure assessments and reviews of care arrangements take account of risks to the service user and others.
8. Ensure care plans contain clear measurable objectives.
9. Monitor care arrangements in specified cases, as part of an agreed care plan.
10. Collect financial information from users and carers to enable appropriate charges to be levied for services.
11. Provide practical support in specified cases, as part of an agreed care plan. This will include helping service users to manage simple financial arrangements.
12. Undertake assessments and re-assessments of user and carer needs in delegated non-complex cases.
13. Ensure that assessments are needs-led and take account of the health, accommodation, employment, leisure and other needs of the user.
14. Work with service users and carers to agree care plans which will meet assessed need.
15. Ensure that care planning balances the wishes of the user and carer with potential risks and available resources.
16. Arrange with carers and service providers a package of services which match the agreed care plan.
17. Maintain accurate, up to date records and case files.
18. Take part in team meetings and supervision as required.
19. Assist the service planning process by reporting service deficits.
20. Operate in accordance with the Council’s customer care and complaints procedures.
21. Operate in accordance with the Council’s equal opportunities, harassment and anti-oppressive practices policies and procedures.
22. Operate in compliance with the Council’s health & safety procedures.
23. Undertake training & development opportunities as required by management.
24. To be aware of and adhere to the six Caldicott Principles.
And any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by Management.