LAC - Childrens Social Care Teams (Resources)
W Precinct, Stockton-on-Tees, Billingham TS23 2NL, UK
We are currently recruiting for social workers who have experience of working in the field of fostering, looked after children and kinship care to undertake fostering assessments in respect of Connected Foster Carers.
We have a number of cases where, following placement of children with a relative or friend under Regulation 24 of the Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010, a full connected carer fostering assessment is required. These cases are primarily in court proceedings and there are tight timescales of 16 weeks for completion.
The post will involve the following core tasks:
• To undertake and complete Prospective Foster Carer assessments in the timescale set out in the Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010
• To visit personal referees as identified on application form for prospective foster carer/s.
• To ensure that all checks and references are undertaken and completed.
• To liaise with the Fostering Admin Team concerning the progress of administrative checks
- To liaise with the child’s social worker and attend relevant meetings and court hearings.
- To provide the connected carer with support and guidance
• To be available for supervision, consultation or liaison as required.
• To be available to present completed Prospective Foster Carer Assessment Report to Stockton Borough Council’s fostering panel and provide support to the applicants through this process.
• To be aware of SBC’s safeguarding procedures and immediately report any safeguarding concerns to the local authority.
The social worker will have a good knowledge of current fostering legislation and regulations and must be able to demonstrate excellent assessment and report writing skills. Applicants should ideally have experience in completing fostering assessments and be able to meet tight timescales.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.