Special Education Social Worker [Blackpool] #0002D3A11
Social Worker - Special Educational Needs
We work with children and young people from the age of – 18 that have the following identified needs. At present there are 194 children open to the team:
• A severe or profound learning disability
• A severe physical disability
• A substantial degree of visual impairment/moderate and severe hearing loss.
• A complex Autistic Spectrum Condition with a learning difficulty.
• A complex medical health condition, including:- Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, HIV/AIDS or severe disfigurement.
We work with all children, families and young people identified across level three and four on the Pan Lancashire Continuum of Need. Social Workers complete Child and Family Assessments on the children with additional needs and their siblings to identify any needs and strengths of the family, including services that are available to meet these and what level these should be provided under.
The team provides support for children:
• Children under Section 17, Child in Need. This also includes short break care package of support, for example commissioned services and overnight respite.
• Children subject to Child Protection Plans, pre proceedings and care proceedings.
• Looked after children with a care plan of permanence.
When young people reach the age of transition they are supported by the team and a transition worker to ensure that appropriate services are identified and in place before the coming of their 18th Birthday.