Education Safeguarding Officer - Bradford
Key Purpose of Post:
- To lead on delivery of the Local Authority statutory duties in respect of Children Missing Education
- To analyse and prioritise safeguarding risks in respect of children who are not in receipt of suitable education or who do not have access to a suitable education placement and autonomously act upon risks
- To develop and implement processes in respect of Children Missing from Education which provide appropriate challenge to schools and other agencies around statutory duties
Main Responsibilities of Post:
The points below represent an outline of key accountabilities. Although not expressly stated in this document, more detailed accountabilities and duties will naturally form part of such accountabilities:
· To provide high level specialist support, challenge and guidance to multi agency professionals in respect of children who are missing from education
· Ensure relevant statutory requirements are met and department policies and guidelines are adhered to and delivered in accordance with these.
· Support the inclusion of vulnerable pupils acoross the district, working to reduce children who become missing from education from a school’s roll.
· To support the wider education safeguarding team in unannounced safeguarding visits and planned reviews in respect for attendance recording and school’s policies and proceadures.
· Use evidence and theory to assist in quality assurance and monitoring of schools to ensure statutory dutues are being met and legislation is adheared to
· Develop proceadures, documentation and communication in conjuction with the Attendance Lead Officer to support schools and raise awareness.
· Plan and contribute to training delivery through the safeguarding hub.
· To work as part of a multi-agency team providing professionals safeguarding advice and guidance in respect of children missing education.
· To hold a caseload in repect of children missing from education, providing high quality support and assessment of wider family needs, linking to family hubs and other agencies both within Bradford and nationally to safeguard and deliver plans to enable families and remove barriers
· To produce and analyse data in respect fo children missing education and attendance, demonstrating impact and imprivements
· Contribute to wider developments within Children’s Services and work with other officers and agencies to devise and deliver innovative and creative approaches.
· To respond to relevant Freedom of Information requests that are related to Children’s Services.
· To undertake all duties commensurate to the nature and level of the post at initial place of work or at any other venue