Childrens Social Worker [Tameside] #0002B5B31
Social Worker required for Locality Team .
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in need, looked after children and children in need of safeguarding by means of an effective assessment of need and the co-ordination and provision of appropriate services.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To carry out assessments of children in need, including those in need of protection and looked after children.
• To co-ordinate service provision to meet the needs of those children.
• To carry out reviews and statutory visits in accordance with statutory and service procedures.
• To carry out direct work with children and their families in order to meet their assessed need.
• To respect and promote the needs of children arising from their racial, cultural, religious and linguistic background.
• To supervise children on behalf of Authority, as directed by the court.
• To recruit, assess and develop foster/kinship carers and adoptive parents as required.
• To engage parents, carers and children in meaningful and open working relationships, to encourage their full participation in meeting the needs of the children.
• To support the development of parents and carers as required in order to achieve best outcomes for the children.
• To undertake such work jointly with colleagues within the service and from other agencies in appropriate cases.
• To observe all statutory regulations.
• To meet the Standards set by Social Work England.
• To attend meetings as required.
• To prepare and present information (both written and oral) to Panels, the Court and other agencies.
• To maintain up-to-date records on all work carried out and to ensure good and effective communication with other professionals involved.
• To attend all regular supervision sessions with the Team Manager as required, taking an active part and preparing for each meeting.
• To participate in all training as required.
• To observe all Council and service policies and procedures in respect of administration and professional practice.
• To contribute to policy making within the service and to the evaluation and review of services.
• To undertake such duties commensurate with the level of responsibility for this post.