Assistant Residential Worker [Shrewsbury] #5129311
1. By working as a team and individually to provide a flexible responsive, high quality and person centred care to children young people and their families based on an assessment of need and to access to a range of stimulating and safe activities and experiences within and external to the home.
2. By building and maintaining professional working relationships with children young people and their families by providing emotional, social and practical support to young people who can display challenging emotional and social difficulties
3. By establishing relationships and links within the community to assist the child, young person and their family.
4. By supporting children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with organisational policies and procedures
5. By ensuring that the views and needs of children/young people are heard and responded to by promoting communication and participation
6. By maintaining registration requirements in line with the required bodies and Action for Children is notified of any circumstances which could affect your registration status
7. By undertaking routine household tasks e.g. cooking washing shopping and/or supporting young people to undertake these tasks to enable the smooth running of the home and to promote independence.
8. By contributing to the development and evaluation of care plans and input to service planning meetings where required and attend meetings as directed, reporting issues raised to line management.
9. By referring issues as appropriate that requires specialist or management support.
10. By recording observations and maintain up to date files (paper and electronic), utilising agreed systems and procedures; undertake administrative processes as necessary to maintain systems, procedures and office practices