Childrens Social Worker L2 Transitions /Early Adulthood - 000495F81
United Kingdom || Stockport || || SK1 3XE
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Social Worker to join the Transitions /Early Adulthood service on a 3 month basis initially, to provide vacancy cover while we are recruiting . This is an important role because you will be working with young people who are transitioning from Childrens to Adult services and you will be supporting them to prepare for adulthood. This can be a difficult time for young people so it is essential we do everything possible to work successfully with people and their families.
Experience of working with children/ young people in a statutory team would be an advantage, including the completion / review of ECHPs. Experience of using Liquidlogic would be preferred.
There are essential qualities that we look for in our Social Workers; you will need to have the highest professional standards, a strong desire to do what’s right for young people, be emotionally mature and be able to show dignity and respect to people at all levels.
Knowledge of current legislation pertaining to transition of young people, in both Childrens and Adult services is essential and you will need to be willing to contribute to the development of the service. You are required to be flexible in your approach and be a good problem solver.
You will be working with colleagues from Education, Health as well as other Council services. The role is varied and diverse and no working day is ever the same!
Although this is advertised as a level 2 post we can offer it as a level 3 to a suitably qualified and experienced progressed social worker
Please note that we are largely working remotely at present due to Covid restrictions
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**