Deputy Manager - Short breaks - RQ433377
United Kingdom || Huyton || || L36 9GD
The Children’s Short Breaks Residential Service provides 24 hour care and support for children with disabilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for devising rota’s that respond to the needs of young people ensuring sufficient staff are on duty to meet the needs of young people and were appropriate parents/carers. To have the knowledge of all presenting needs (including complex medical and disabilities) and ensure that the diverse needs of children and their carers / families are identified, met and regularly reviewed and plans updated, to reflect any subsequent changes. To coordinate and provide appropriate care, control and supervision of children accessing the Short Breaks Respite provision. Ensure key workers and other staff work to the best interests of young people. To support the Registered Manager deputising when the manager is off or away from the home. Candidates will have NVQ Level 3 in residential child care and experience of being a Senior/Assistant manager in a children residential home. This post will mainly be Monday - Friday 9 - 5 however there will be an expectation to cover shifts if required 7 days a week.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A relevant qualification
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**