Young People Support Worker #12290434
United Kingdom || Blackpool || Red Bank Road || FY2 0HJ
This is a permanent position, supporting Children in a Residential Setting. A great company with great benefits and lots of progression.
Our client is a leading Provider of care to Adults, children and young people in the area.
Supporting Adults, Learning Disability and mental health, you will be helping to increase their independence skills, helping in anyway you can.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a similar setting and preferably have completed NVQ3 Health and Social Care or a similar qualification within this sector.
High standard of general education.
NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care - or equivalent.
Willingness to undertake further training.
Current full driving licence with business Insurance
To be responsible for the provision of Support for Vulnerable People (Service Users) for the Company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. To assist the Client's allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
a) Provide transport/escort as directed in line with care plans
b) Conduct welcome and inductions
c) Ongoing assessments
d) Provide ongoing support and monitoring
e) Assist in welfare and NHS issues
f) Preparation of reports
g) Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
h) Maintaining regular contact with clients
i) Informing Service Users of support groups
j) Assist Move-On of Service Users
2. To accurately record, create, maintain and update electronic records
3. To prepare for and attend meetings as required or directed.
4. To provide mediation to Service Users as required and/or directed.
5. To effectively use IT packages to support the work of the company.
6. To work effectively and cooperatively across multi disciplinary teams.
7. To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Service Users, Clients and Company.
8. To pro-actively assist in the development of policies and procedures of the Company.
9. To report any housing issues to the Services Department and to assist, where required, in the resolution of any defects.
10. To undertake On-Call duties as directed.
11. To participate, where required, in office reception duties.
12. Prepared to work sleep in shifts are required
13. Able to show flexibility to cover all offices across the company as and when required
Both permanent and temporary opportunities are available!