Childrens Social Worker - Referral and Assessment Team - 00049B671
United Kingdom || Bolton || || BL2 2JW
Based in the Referral and Assessment Team we require experienced Social worker to join the Assessment Team
Case load will be to
- Assessments only
- holding short term CIN and CP before moving on to longer term teams
Duty cover not part of the role.
Although experience of the following is required
Experience of working in referral and assessment team and familiar with statutory processes
• Undertaking home visits to gather information to establish any safeguarding concern- initial child /family needs assessments
• s47’s enquiries- including co-ordination of statutory meetings and closing s47 if no further action/concern
• Provide short term interventions -liaising and passing case assessment/referrals to other teams when progressed
• Work within the Courts, taking statutory action when necessary to protect a child, including Emergency Protection Order applications and initiation of Care Proceedings
Flexible working in place- balance between working from home/office and statutory visits to meet the needs of the service
Candidates need to be able to undertake duty and home visits. Caseload will be across Bolton with office base at Castle Hill.
Interviews for successful candidates will be conducted via Microsoft Teams or in a socially distanced meeting room
References will be requested for any candidates offered an interview
Full time 37 hours per week - free onsite parking
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**