Adult's Social Worker - Learning disability, mental health, autism 000486781
United Kingdom || Manchester || Humphrey Street || M8
I need 2 x experienced social workers (Learning disability, mental health, autism) for 8 months on a learning disability forensic team. The team support those in MH acute or specialist Learning disability hospitals in readiness for discharge but also once they are living in the community - under s117 responsibilities. The team is made up of social workers and learning disability nurses and the expectation is that those joining the team work in an integrated and cooperative way with all colleagues and partners.
The team is accountable not only to MCC but also to NHSE for the discharge pathways and to this end there is pressure related to ensuring the appropriate care and risk assessments are in place.
35 hours per week - times below are an indicator - flexible approach to working hours is needed as it will include travel around GM (post lockdown or for welfare reasons).
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**